Below skills are required to complete the deployment steps:
Linux Directory Structure, File Management
Login to AWS cloud and create Linux based EC2 instance to complete the below assignment.
- Login to the server as super user (root) and perform below
- Create the file and directory structure shown in the above diagram.
- Perform below steps
- Create directory – /dir6/dir4
- Create file – /f3
- Write this text “Linux assessment for an DevOps Engineer!! Learn with Fun!!” to the /f3 file and save it.
- Replace the “DevOps” text to “devops” in the /f3 file without using VI editor.
- Search for the pattern “Engineer” and replace with “engineer” in the file /f3 using single command using VI Editor.
- Move the file from “/dir1/f1” to “/dir2/dir1/dir2”
- Rename the file ‘/f2′ to /f4’
- Create directory – “/home/user2/dir1”
- keeping “/dir2/dir1/dir2/dir10” as present working directory; create file “/opt/dir14/dir10/f1” using relative path method.
- Move the file from “/opt/dir14/dir10/f1” to user2/dir1 directory
- Delete the directory recursively “/dir4”
- Delete all child files and directories under “/opt/dir14” using single command.
- Create file “/dir1/f2”
- Delete /dir6
- Delete /dir8
- Delete /f3
- Search for the file name ‘f4’ in the server and list all absolute paths where f4 file is found.
- Show the count of the number of files in the directory ‘/’
- Delete /dir1
- Delete /dir2
- Delete /dir3
- Delete /dir5
- Delete /dir7
- Delete /f1 & /f4
- Delete /opt/dir14
All done? still not confident? repeat the steps! Ping in the comment box below if you have completed or any challenges.
Follow the LINK to get the solution of this project.